I practice criminal defense exclusively.
If you were seriously ill, you would want to see a doctor who specializes in your condition. In the same manner, if you are facing a serious criminal charge, you should hire an attorney who focuses only on the area of law you're dealing with. I'm attorney Martin Braddy, and I practice exclusively criminal defense in Sulphur Springs, Texas and surrounding areas. Many other lawyers have "general" practices and claim to do a little bit of everything. Do not put your freedom and future into their hands. With so much at stake, you should only trust a lawyer who knows criminal law inside and out.
I am a former award-winning district attorney.
For 16 years, I did nothing but evaluate criminal cases from the prosecution's side. If there were legal or factual problems in a case, I looked for ways to overcome them and obtain a conviction. Now, I identify those problems and use them to benefit my clients. My experience sets me apart from other criminal lawyers because:
- I have tried hundreds of cases and lost only very few.
- I have extensive appellate experience.
- I know what to look for in police reports and other evidence.
- My reputation precedes me when I enter a courtroom and a prosecutor's office.
- I received several awards for innovation and skill as a prosecutor.
- I know what motivates the prosecutors, because I was one.
Why did I start my own defense practice after prosecuting for so many years? I was ready for a challenge, and I wanted to take my experience and knowledge to the people who need me most. By choice, I decided not to run for district attorney again and dedicated myself to the practice of criminal defense.